 Harry Potter / 853
Re: knight's kingdom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:38:44 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
reference: http://www.fbtb.net has a copy of the 2002 brochure.
note: there is NO mention of anything castle, knights kingsdom or otherwise.. i
think this mean discontinued.. but my real question is why? because of hp, or
new castle for later 2002? (somehow i think hp is what's behind it)

also of note:
*pictures of the ewoks, using the chewbacca style minifig.
*another hp set using something that looks like a troll or something (hagrid
style- special molded body and minifig head).

i was never a big fan of kk, actually i hated it.. but there was something
reassuring about lego continuing to sell castle sets, and now it seems castle
has gone the way of pirates.. never to return!

this really kinda bothers me.

peace
-lenny

I am curious if Lego had signed some agreement with Warner stating they
would not release any other castle lines while HP is in the workings.  Lucas
made Lego do this with the space line.  That's why you haven't seen anything
since UFO.  Lucas mde them sign stuff stating that they would not produce or
release anything remotely looking like a space ship.  I think that really
stinks, but maybe Lego got themselves in another one of these situations
with the Harry Potter line.

I will be disappointed, unless they start making legions of that knight in
the castle.  I think the shield pattern rocks!  Unfortunately, I don't have
one yet and can't afford to buy that set for months.  So, I hope they make
more of them in smaller, cheaper sets.  I really don't feel HP is really
castle line since all the mini's are wearing town type apparel.  This will
surely slow down the building of the mass army...