 Castle / 10759
Re: knight's kingdom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:02:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brian Kasprzyk writes:
I am curious if Lego had signed some agreement with Warner stating they
would not release any other castle lines while HP is in the workings.  Lucas
made Lego do this with the space line.  That's why you haven't seen anything
since UFO.  Lucas mde them sign stuff stating that they would not produce or
release anything remotely looking like a space ship.  I think that really
stinks, but maybe Lego got themselves in another one of these situations
with the Harry Potter line.

Well, don't lots of the Alpha Team things look like spaceships?

At Brickfest 2001, Brad Justus said that no themes were "dead" in the sense
that they would never conceivably return. (If all of a sudden the middle
ages become really cool with kids through some disney movie or something,
and Lego think that a castle line would sell well, they will be sure to take
advantage of that market.)

Of more immediate significance to us castle heads though, he said something
to the effect that we should not expect any castle stuff while they are
making HP sets. He hinted that there might be future classic/legends castle
sets, but probably not an actual castle for a good while.

Too bad they aren't doing a LotR theme.

sigh...

Magnus