 Harry Potter / 849
Re: knight's kingdom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 02:16:15 GMT

reference: http://www.fbtb.net has a copy of the 2002 brochure.
note: there is NO mention of anything castle, knights kingsdom or otherwise.. i
think this mean discontinued.. but my real question is why? because of hp, or
new castle for later 2002? (somehow i think hp is what's behind it)

also of note:
*pictures of the ewoks, using the chewbacca style minifig.
*another hp set using something that looks like a troll or something (hagrid
style- special molded body and minifig head).

i was never a big fan of kk, actually i hated it.. but there was something
reassuring about lego continuing to sell castle sets, and now it seems castle
has gone the way of pirates.. never to return!

this really kinda bothers me.

peace
-lenny

In lugnet.castle, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
does anyone have the inside scoop on whats happening with kk?  it seems it is
being discontinued soon; none of the stores in my area (north fla) sell them
anymore..

is this because of hp? does that mean for the next five years the only castle
stuff available will be through hp (except guarded inn)? ugh.  ive heard alot
of rumors, but nothing really official.. so if anyone knows for sure, id like
to know.

It doesn't necessarily mean the Knights aren't being manufactured anymore.
It may just be the shops gearing up to shift as much Harry Potter stuff as
possible.  It's selling from Legoland Windsor faster than they can stock it,
and this is before the movie release.

Jason J Railton