 Harry Potter / 676
Re: knights armor in set 4709?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:49:57 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Steffan Davies writes:
"Johannes Koehler" <chutspe@nexgo.de> wrote in message

<snip>

Yes, there were light gray swords etc. but *this* light gray sword in the
Harry Potter set will be different: I bet it is made out of the flabby
material the Pirates' sabres are made of.

I don't think that's a bad idea actually.  By chance I found a whole load of
really old Castle accessories in a yard sale lot I bought.  Many old armour
and sheilds (some with their stickers in good condition), a handle of  light
grey "vader" style helmets and one light grey sword in the old plastic!  It
seems when these swords get old the plastic becomes some what brittle.  I
tried to put it into a minifig's hand and....*SNAP*....AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGH,
the blade broke!!!!  ): (

I have had dreams that I found a Yellow castle or its minifig complement at
a yard sale, but it never happened for true!  Lucky, lucky.  The yard sales
in my area are not exactly heavily laden with Lego.

Lucky for me it was a clean break which is fixable with some super glue.
OK, granted that the new "softer" plastic Lego is using means the accessory
develops scratches easily from use, but at least it won't snap as easy in
the hands of a meat-head like myself.   : )P

Stoof

Hee hee!  Quite a few of my yellow castle era shields have glued-back-on
handles.  Stepping on a Lego shield makes the most sickening "crunch" sound.
I never had a sword break on me, though.  How did you manage that?  My
biggest broken pieces are the chin guard on the old space/castle helmets and
of course, the flag and saddle clips.  I prefer the old style, 'shinier'
plastic from the early castle period.