 Harry Potter / 665
Re: knights armor in set 4709?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 00:31:29 GMT

"Johannes Koehler" <chutspe@nexgo.de> wrote in message
news:GJx3M6.Cvr@lugnet.com...

<snip>

Yes, there were light gray swords etc. but *this* light gray sword in the
Harry Potter set will be different: I bet it is made out of the flabby
material the Pirates' sabres are made of.

I don't think that's a bad idea actually.  By chance I found a whole load of
really old Castle accessories in a yard sale lot I bought.  Many old armour
and sheilds (some with their stickers in good condition), a handle of  light
grey "vader" style helmets and one light grey sword in the old plastic!  It
seems when these swords get old the plastic becomes some what brittle.  I
tried to put it into a minifig's hand and....*SNAP*....AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGH,
the blade broke!!!!  ): (

Lucky for me it was a clean break which is fixable with some super glue.
OK, granted that the new "softer" plastic Lego is using means the accessory
develops scratches easily from use, but at least it won't snap as easy in
the hands of a meat-head like myself.   : )P

Stoof