 Harry Potter / 537
  Timelines

Since I have been told that Rock Raiders are set in the future, I now have to ask the question: Is Harry Potter and his world- Town? Castle? Future (but not space- SW agreement)? Just because something is fictional, does that make it futuristic? (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

(...) Perhaps it’s a Town-Castle hybrid set in the present... The lands of Lego System are no longer as pure. The definitive System sections are being blurred by outsourcing to companies with their own directions. And this does not always fit into (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

(...) Actually, just about everything (that is out of the norm of what we see in everyday life) falls into the "Fantasy" category. Now that I finally have some down time I've been catching up on two+ years worth of Realms of Fantasy magazine. The (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

(...) Hmmmmm, I am pretty sure that "Harry Potter" takes place in our times. They have cars and everything. Sounds like it could have been in the 1970's+ Maybe the books would release a date in one chapter.... I am pretty sure its in our time (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

(...) I agree. A British car buff familiar with Ford products may be able to pin it even more accurately because the Weaselys (in book 2) have a Ford Anglia that is referred to as "old" and "rusty" but not "antique". A cursory search in Google seems (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJ0qsp.MG9@lugnet.com... (...) They (...) its (...) Anglia (...) search (...) 1960s... (...) There are still a few on the road so it doesn't really date it any more accurately than (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

Actually, in the second book, The date is revealed.. the story for the second book takes place around 1991, which means the rest would be the following years. Later! -Jay (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

(...) I JUST finished reading that one, what chapter? Can't believe I missed it! (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

(...) I'd like an answer to this as well, Lar! I'll be finished with Chamber of Secrets before sunrise and I'm certain I didn't see a date. Anyone have a page number that proves this? -Dave (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

Okay, I'm not going crazy, however... I just asked my lil' sis( a HUGE HP fan) about the date, and she agreed with me about the date being correct. However, she doesn't think it's in the second book. I'm currently scanning all four books to find the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

(...) The events of the first book occur in 1991, according to (URL) note that this is a huge spoiler site if you haven't read the four volumes published to date). I find the books reminiscent of Enid Blyton or Roald Dahl -- they could easily have (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Timelines

(...) And from that site, it comes clear that it never actually says what the current date is, but there is a anniversary celebration of 500 years since 1492. (I trust that is sufficiently vague to avoid the need for spoiler warnings?) thanks, James (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)