 Harry Potter / 1364
Re: Spoiler!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:42:21 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Richard Marchetti wrote:

snip!!

Aw gee, Richard, it shows right up on the web interface. :-( And don’t tell me you read the Daily News-- that’ll ruin your reputation if nothing else will!

   Just curious, I’ve never read an HP book and I doubt I ever shall since it’s killing me to slog through LOTR (which I presume is better overall, but I could be wrong).

They are completely different. It also killed me to try to get through LOTR (I think I made it halfway through The Two Towers). Of course, that was in junior high. HP is a relative breeze. Just take it as light reading and don’t try to look for any political statements or deeper meanings. Well, if that is possible for you... :-)

Maggie C.