 Harry Potter / 1144
Re: HP Train and Tracks.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 04:25:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.harrypotter, Shirley Kearns writes:
I'm new to Lego and Lugnet, and this is my first post. Does anyone know if
the Harry Potter train will fit on the tracks for the electric trains?

Hi and welcome. This is a commonly asked question and the answer is "sort
of". Since the wheels used have flanges on both sides, they have some
trouble going over switchpoints and through crossings cleanly. But they do
sort of OK on simple ovals and suchlike. Sort of OK because their flanges
are very shallow so the train does tend to derail.

The conversion to use regular train wheels is easy, and is given in the
instructions, I beleive.

However gettting extra wheels is problematic since LD no longer sells just
wheels. You have to buy entire cars and part them out, or shop on BrickLink
for the parts.

Hope that helps.

XFUT to trains. Maybe this should be in the FAQ? I don't think it is yet...