 Harry Potter / *612 (-20)
  Re: Now that we have a range of pictures...some thoughts...

(...) WHOOPS! Hand slipped! On we go... 6) We had argued this point before, but I'm pretty sure now that at least SOME of the books ARE Scala/Belville scale...any other input? 7) The Final Challenge, notice that they don't show the sorcerers stone? (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Now that we have a range of pictures...some thoughts...

Hey all, Found my Fall 2001 S@H in the mail box today. Now that there are some new pictures to drool over, I'm making some observations. Grain of salt: Of course, specs on the sets may be a bit different from any pre-production/prototype photos, and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) if you looked at that link that girl and her lesser "potter demaens" look hilarius!!!! (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Florence flasks?

(...) That's what I thought too when I first saw the subject line - but the "glassware" illustrated on the front of the new catalog looks more like what I'd call a laboratory beaker with a rounded bottom - ya know, the kind of thing high school boys (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Florence flasks?

I havn't seen the catalog, but I think you might be refering to the flask in 4723 - on the shelf below the broomstick, between hermonie and the cloak. (Duckie) Dave Till Maggie Cambron <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

This whole Harry Potter = evil debacle is even more hilarious when one realizes that it all began with an article from the satirical website The Onion. In fact, many opponents STILL distribute printouts of the article, found here: (URL) (with all (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Florence flasks?

(...) Yep, its just drawn in. :\ Jeff (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Florence flasks?

While drooling over the Fall S@H catalog I noticed the florence flask Snape is holding on the cover, but I can't seem to find it in any of the sets. Is it one of those drawn in props that we can't really get? :-( Maggie C. (who will be spending WAY (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Set pics and prices at FBTB II

(...) That's OK. Who needs boxshots when you've got those? BTW: Tim: Can we get a pointer butten to FBTB-I on the HP page, sort of like FBTB-II has one on the original SW page? thanks LFB (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter available at S@H for immediate ship

(...) I called S@H late Thursday afternoon and ordered the HP sets. When the phone rep realized I wanted to buy all of them she offered a package deal. The package deal # is K4709 and costs $199.99. It includes all the HP sets except 4708 Hogwart's (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) The trouble is that logic has nothing to do with it - all those Harry Potter objections are about some eejit getting the wrong end of the stick (deliberately or otherwise), making a lot of noise (empty vessel) with the inevitable consequence (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Set pics and prices at FBTB II

Since Tim hasn't posted this, I'll post it here. (URL) pics and prices. No boxshots though. Ace (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message news:GJGFrM.B60@lugnet.com... (...) Yes, I know. I used to live in Plano. It bemused my British wife and I that we had to drive 12 miles to buy liqour but that we could buy a gun in the local (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Shop-At-Home Fall 2001 Catalog

(...) Then I think you're going to like most of the Harry Potter stuff. There are lots of Belville-style pieces and colors to supplement your collection. - Sean (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) In Texas we have "dry" and "wet" counties. You know when you've crossed from a dry county to a wet county because the liquor stores and, not uncommonly, the topless bars, crowd the county line. I'd wager that deaths from DWI's are higher in (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New MOC: The Mirror Of Erised

(...) -Jason (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) Why? Does this seem fair or correct to you, out of curiosity? Trimmed FUT down to just .debate... which I forgot to do first time, sorry... ++Lar (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Pre-Order H.P. sets at wal-mart.com

Good pictures. They are listing Hagrid's Hut at 499 pieces. I think that's a typo. They say street date & shipping date is September 20. Julie (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New MOC: The Mirror Of Erised

(...) Looks good! But I gotta wonder... ...the thing you desire most, Bruce, is 1x4 and 1x8 black tiles? :D best LFB (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) No, what you mention up there rings a bell. I had thought there was some tie to Saturday's hours as well, but perhaps not. I wonder how long it will take the GLA to fix *that*. And has PPP been tanked yet?!? I hope so. Britain doesn't need (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact