 Local / United Kingdom / 7169
Re: Harry Potter getting left out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:57:47 GMT

Keith Kirchoff wrote:

It is logical for the church to oppose demons and dark magic; evil satonic
things.

The trouble is that logic has nothing to do with it - all those Harry Potter
objections are about some eejit getting the wrong end of the stick
(deliberately or otherwise), making a lot of noise (empty vessel) with the
inevitable consequence that loads of others jump on the bandwagon. As you point
out, the hypocrisy of their stance is laughable.

Jennifer