 General / 990
Re: LUGNET Blurb (was Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:07:15 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> writes:
[...]
Also I would LOVE to link to the LUGNET main page on my site, can we get
a graphic for that? How about the LUGNET logo?

"Robert M. Dye" <robdye@writeme.com> writes:
Well, one way would be to put a link on various web pages...I'm more
than willing to put one on my pages,, such as they are...I am sure there
are many folks who appreciate the job you've done in creating LUGNET,
and would probably do the same.

I think it would probably be most useful to link to a page that explains
what the groups are, and what they are for, and that RTL also exists,
and how to get THERE, if the visitor so prefers.

Do you have a graphic for such a link, and/or a page in mind for linking
to?

"Linc Smith" <ldsmith@pfc.forestry.ca> writes:
I would like to suggest that you have a specific page (one screen) that
outlines the Lugnet's goals, services, and explains why a sign up procedure
is required.  This page will have links to the main page, and sign in page
and any general instructional pages you have made.  I don't know what they
are, because I have been signed up from before the different reading options
became available.

A few Lugnet buttons (some of your and Suz's handy work) could be provided
to Lugnet users with webpages.
[...]

OK, we made up a couple buttons -- here is the page...

   http://www.lugnet.com/buttons/

...these are designed to link to the main root homepage (rather than the
news page), and comments on the header text are certainly welcome.

I think the place where a better description of the news stuff belongs is on
the /news/ page itself (or on sub-pages of it which are bulleted at the top)
and the place where an overview of the whole project belongs is off a link
somewhere near the top of the main root homepage -- those are the most
intuitive spots, yes?  Maybe the stuff that's currently on the /news/ page
today is still too techy?

--Todd