 General / 9725
Re: LEGO RCX Skydivers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 15:28:19 GMT

Hi Marco

The RCX is slung underneath the "glider" (actually a 2 meter delta stunt kite).  It has
one micromotor plugged into OUT_B (i.e., the micromotor contacts are fitted directly onto
the OUT_B contacts so the center of the motor's rotation is vertically upwards).  A cam is
fitted on top of the mocromotor with 2-stud axle -- the far end of the cam is attached to
bridle lines which go to the left and right spars of the delta.

I don't directly control the RCX, it is programmed to to stay straight for one second, and
then shift the cam slightly to the left -- this shifts the wieght of the RCX relative to
the center of gravity of the kite,  thus putting the kite into a banking spiral.  The RCX
also beeps every half second so that I have a way of calculating the flight time.  If you
want more info, I can post a dat of the RCX to one of the CAD sections.

Cheers

JP