 General / 958
    Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server? —Matthew Miller
   (...) Hmmm. I'm not sure I like that. If I go to the trouble of explicitly saying where a message should go (and if it's somewhere that that message has every right to be) it seems like the server is making a mistake if it loses some of my (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server? —Todd Lehman
   (...) I don't think I like it either... Not because I'm morally against modifying NNTP headers on a private server (I would be in Usenet context) but because of the confusion which would ensue (more below). (...) Yeah, splitting is definitely (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server? —Matthew Miller
     (...) One thing to consider is that if a message is cross-posted to a moderated group, it shouldn't show up in any other groups until it's been accepted in that group. LUGnet is a (lightly-and-automatically) moderated forum. It's completely (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) <some good technical stuff that I don't have the bandwidth to grok...> but nonetheless I disagree. If rtl is served from here, cross posting should be allowed for messages first posted here. Regardless of whether the poster is posting an (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server? —Steve Bliss
   Once upon a time, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote: [snip] (...) Anyone who *should* be cross-posting, should be able to grok this. In the sense that it takes some sense (and diplomacy) to cross-post effectively. Steve (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)