 General / 9326
Re: Don't buy spares from TLG UK!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 19:52:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ian Sinclair writes:
I just built my 6979 Interstellar Starfighter (the big UFO set) and
discovered the little red micro-motor wasn't working. I guessed it must
have just got accidently bashed about in the box or something
(though I'm a bit surprised - doesn't say that much for its quality - = • all
I've done is built the set once - apart from that it's lived in its box
for the past 8 months...)

<stuff deleted>

Hello Simon;

Did you try rotating the motor shaft by hand with power applied.
Sometimes the micromotors will get stalled and be unable to unstall
themselves.

On the other hand, if the motor is defective, the LEGO Group should be
willing to replace the part at no charge to you as they have done with
many parts in the past.

Recently I was told to return two of my air-dampened 8448 shocks as
they have broken, in exchange for new ones.  I live in Canada,

<ICS>

I returned once a train motor, wich refused to run after 5 minutes of turning
rounds.The internal motor protection actioned to fast, an other train motor
could pull 3m (+-6feet) cars for a half hour withouth any problem. So i disided
to contact Lego Belgium,wich replaced the 'defective' train motor, free.
Also,if you find bad moulded pieces into your sets, return them to TLG of your
country and they replace them. Talking abouth experience.

Ludo