 General / 9285
    Don't buy spares from TLG UK! —Simon Robinson
   *growl* I just built my 6979 Interstellar Starfighter (the big UFO set) and discovered the little red micro-motor wasn't working. I guessed it must have just got accidently bashed about in the box or something (though I'm a bit surprised - doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Don't buy spares from TLG UK! —Ian Sinclair
     (...) <stuff deleted> Hello Simon; Did you try rotating the motor shaft by hand with power applied. Sometimes the micromotors will get stalled and be unable to unstall themselves. On the other hand, if the motor is defective, the LEGO Group should (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Don't buy spares from TLG UK! —Ludo Soete
     (...) I returned once a train motor, wich refused to run after 5 minutes of turning rounds.The internal motor protection actioned to fast, an other train motor could pull 3m (+-6feet) cars for a half hour withouth any problem. So i disided to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Micromotor (was Re: Don't buy spares from TLG UK!) —Bram Lambrecht
     (...) I don't have any micromotors, so at Mindfest, I had to use some. I was disappointed that I had to test each one I used because about half of the micromotors in the bin didn't work :( --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Don't buy spares from TLG UK! —David Till
   Sounds like a quality control problem here. I also bought a 6979 with a failed micromotor, only I got mine almost a year ago. You did'nt happen to get it from the Entertainer in Camberley did you? Anyway, I have planned on getting this motor, and (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)