 General / 8912
  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) To an extent I agree with you, but I posit that this proof of concept has already been done. Julie Krenz, and several others routinely buy and part out buckets via eBay, and Todd (and others) also do it in large-scale parts auctions. The scale (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) It's done all the time. I have one running now on BRICKS for 3033 tubs. But the scale isn't anything that would get TLG to notice. (It's only 10 tubs sorted out). Nor were the tubs purchased wholesale from TLG (on sale at Kmart). I htink that (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) I disagree. :) Like Larry, I think that a business case for exactly what we want needs to be developed. If we go to TLG asking for wholesale purchases, they will simply treat us like a small-scale retailer, and that is (IMHO)a road that leads (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)