 General / 8873
Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 02:56:44 GMT

What is it about TLG??!!  How _can_ they be so obtuse?  Or, are _we_ missing
something?  Because *somebody* is WAY off here.
_Why_ can't TLG understand this point: WE WANT YOU TO SUCCEED!!!!  WE WANT YOU TO
TAKE OUR MONEY!!!  WE HAVE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF $$$ TO GIVE YOU!!  WHY IS
THAT *SO* DIFFICULT TO SEE??!!

I mean, take a look at LUGNET!  There are hundreds of people out there who devote
a considerable portion of their lives to LEGO!!  You don't think that with that
kind of devotion you couldn't work out some deal that would be a win-win
situation?  I defy ANYONE to come up with some remotely reasonable explanation as
to why they wouldn't/shouldn't JUMP at this opportunity!  *ANY* company would
kill to have such a rabidly loyal customer base as LEGO does!  It doesn't make
sense; it defies logic, and therein lies the frustration.

....Or is it *because* you know that we are a rabidly loyal bunch who will bitch
and moan but when all is said and done will continue to buy your product
regardless, so why make the effort?  And to be honest, you're probably right.
But I just want you to know how bitter that makes true AFOLs feel.  Talk about
your love/hate relationships!  You guys suck/are great.

-John

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Mike, let me be clear in case I wasn't, I'm not disagreeing with you.

A number of people at TLG DO have rose colored glasses on. I'd rather just see
if a well reasoned business case NOW could avoid the hundreds of millions in
losses that would wake up TLG.

Problem with that strategy is that they may change their business to make
money, but change it in a direction that we care for even less than where we
are now.

That's all I am getting at.

++Lar