 General / 8867
Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 01:46:52 GMT

#1 & 2 are probably WalMart and K-Mart (tied).
#3 is probably TRU (about 40-50 stores in Florida)
close behind might be #4 Kay Bee Toys & #5 Target

#1 Walmart
#2 Target
#3 K-Mart

There was just an article on this in Newsweek a couple weeks ago,
concentrating mostly on Target and all of the new stores they just opened
up.

Of course, this is just for general retail.  It does not reflect their
percentage of Lego sales.

For AFOLs to make an impact, I believe that we have to approach TLG
with something close to $250K orders to get any respect. Right now, TLG
sells blue tubs & purple buckets (which may or may not be a current
product). Asking TLG to spin up another bulk tub for a fraction of the
blue tub gross would not go over in Enfield.

This was my main point, that AFOLs acting as individual end users would not
be able to convince Lego to do anything.  It would take an AFOL who just
happens to also be a major retailer!

Troy