 General / 876
  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I think confusion like this is one of the best reasons to NOT include r.t.l on LUGNET. My personal opinion is that crossposting, unless used with great consideration and thoughtfulness, is a bad thing. The biggest problem with crossposting in (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Hmm, aren't rec.toys.lego and lugnet.general actually very different? -- (that's why the potential for confusion -- because they seem similar at first but aren't really)... lugnet.general is for "general" LEGO or community discussions that (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Me too! I would much rather keep RTL as a separate entity from LUGNET. Consider RTL as the first stage for joining the community. Just as we direct people from ATL to RTL, we can direct people who are seriously interested from RTL to Lugnet. (...) (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Gary Louie wrote in message <3669B8FF.DCED05BD@E...nk.Net>... (...) See Todd, I told you people wouldn't understand (like I didn't). They think that people who access RTL through their servers will automatically be routed through to yours. Truth is, (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Ok... I'm a newbie to newsgroups, and I have the Mindstorms. Been looking for something like this for a while but never figured out how to do it. In fact I'm still not sure how I got OutLookExpress to do this. If anyone can help me I'd be greatly (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)