 General / 1193
Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 01:02:46 GMT

Gary Louie wrote in message <3669B8FF.DCED05BD@EarthLink.Net>...

Me too!  I would much rather keep RTL as a separate entity from LUGNET.
Consider RTL as the first stage for joining the community.  Just as we
direct people from ATL to RTL, we can direct people who are seriously
interested from RTL to Lugnet.

See Todd, I told you people wouldn't understand (like I didn't).  They think
that people who access RTL through their servers will automatically be
routed through to yours.

Truth is, those people who are new to RTL will continue to get their RTL
posts through their normal server.  Having RTL on Lugnet will allow people
who access Lugnet to also access RTL without switching servers.  No newbie
will ever know of Lugnet until someone tells him, or somone crossposts.
Although I think Todd is giving up on the idea anyway.

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?
Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! http://www.multicon.de/fun/legofaq.html