 General / 8668
Re: Colous in Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:38:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
One last thing. Is the Fluro Green actually Fluro Green, or Fluro
Yellow?

It's kind of both.  When you see the color on a flat surface, like a large
clipboard that they give away at tradeshows, then it's very much yellow and
very little green.  But when the light changes direction at corners and bend-
points in the plastic, then the wavelength seems to change to a yellowish
green.  The most accurate name for it might be something like Transparent
Fluorescent Chartreuse, of course that's too unweildy.  (Merriam Webster,
BTW, defines chartreuse as "a variable color averaging a brilliant yellow
green." :-)
[...]

I forgot to mention:  Another name for the transparent fluorescent green/
yellow color is "antifreeze" or "antifreeze green/yellow."

--Todd