 General / 8667
Re: Idea for 2 new bricks/plates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:14:29 GMT

Those peices did/do exist with Tyco bricks.  I seem to remember a couple
of 2x2 "plates."  There was the double female one that was 1/2 brick
thick, and the double male that was about the thinkness of a baseplate.

The real cool piece was double male 1x1 round plate. It's almost exactly
like the LEGO 1x1 round plate, exept that both ends are male (kinda like
plate 1x1 w/ clip light, but w/o the one plate space in between). It's
great for putting two 2x2 radar dishes back to back and creating other
weird things. ;)

  -Jonathan

(I'd put my LEGO page URL here, but geocities is having more trouble
than....)

Bill Farkas wrote:

What do youz guyz think of this...

    A brick or plate that was male on both sides and another that was female on
both sides. For those who may not understand: male is the studded side and
female is the side that receives the studs.
    Is there anything like that now. If there is I haven't seen it.
    I've wished that I had something like that on several occasions, it opens
up so many creative avenues and combinations. I've thought of gluing two tiles
together to make the two sided female plate; and cutting a base plate and
gluing the flat sides together to make the two sided male plate, but I don't
think it would look very nice.

    Is there a way to submit ideas to TLG?

"I'm not PLAYING, I'm creating!"
"They're not TOYS, they're the substance of the imagination!"

Bill    :~{