 General / 8487
Re: Colous in Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:44:12 GMT

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:17:22 GMT, jamien@interworx.com.au (Jamie Obrien)
wrote:

Hi, i was just pondering some issues about colours in Lego. Mostly
about transparents and Fluros. I've always called the transparent
parts clear XXX, but is it more proper to call them Transparent XXX.
Also what is the actual colour of the (almost) transparent
windshields. I have some really clear pieces, and others with a slight
tint of blue. I'm presuming they are 2 seperate colours. Are they?
One last thing. Is the Fluro Green actually Fluro Green, or Fluro
Yellow?

BTW, when talking to TLG, they call this color "transparent neon green".

( and do we need to add transparent/clear  to the colour name
when describing them?)

I'd say yes.  Although I've seen 'transparent' given as an attribute of the
part, rather than the color:

"transparent 2x4 brick, red"
rather than
"2x4 brick, transparent red"

But that seems odd to me.

Still wainting for those Glow in the dark pieces!!

Didn't M***-***ks come out with some of those?  There was another brand of
semi-compatible bricks that had a lot of GitD pieces.

Steve