 General / 8507
Re: Timmy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 22:25:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.general, Erin Windross writes:
Is it just me, or does everyone at LUGNET have a grudge against, or just • finds
Timmy (from the time cruisers series) incredibly annoying?

No, not at all.  My Pyrates find Timmy incredibly useful: Cabin Boy (we won't
pursue this any further), bait when trolling for sharks, someone to hang from
the highest yardarm, or as an induced volunteer for plank walking.  His head
makes a wonderful decoration on a boarding pike or Cap'n Redbeard's cutlass.
Dangled on a chain from the front of a ship, he can be used to scrape those
pesky barnacles off the bottom.  He pickles nicely in a cask of rum.

The Islanders find him mighty tasty when properly bar-b-qued (As I told my
8-year old boy; One man's meat is another man's poi, son).  They haven't quite
figured out how to shrink his head, but it's nice to have such an endless
supply to experiment with.

Knights value his head as trebuchet ammunition - strews death AND terror!
Forestmen use him as a live target.

Adventurers practice the trigger effect with Timmy: "Looks like a nasty trap • up
ahead, better send someone expendable."

Aliens often re-animate the severed Timmy heads and playfully attach it to
something amusing.

Indians practice conservation by burying him in an anthill for recycling.

Annoying?  Timmy?  He's so useful!  ;-)

Bruce

hmmm......maybe I could use him for the construction of my cruise ship....he
could get into places no one else could go.....into the waste disposal tanks
to get rid of those nasty clogs.....or just grind up the head and use it as
insulation for the dinning room.....maybe even decor for the kiddie room.......
maybe we should change the name of the messages into "The usefulness of Timmy"
(was: Timmy).....so many possibilities :-D