 General / 8525
Re: Timmy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:12:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.general, Simon Robinson writes:
In lugnet.general, Erin Windross writes:
Is it just me, or does everyone at LUGNET have a grudge against, or just • finds
Timmy (from the time cruisers series) incredibly annoying?

Look, I've never found Timmy particularly objectionable,
but if most of you think he's really so bad, I'll make you all an offer.
For a fee of $1 apiece, I'll take him off your hands: That's right.  If
you pay me $1 and send me your Timmy, I'll keep the Timmy so
that you never again feel so ashamed to have him in your collection.

For an extra $1 fee (you pay me $2 in total) I'll guarantee to hide
your Timmy away in a box and never use him in any of my own models.

i'll underbid my factoree here, I'll take them for 25 cents each... you
pay shipping. (at one point I was actually paying for them but I have
enough now). Not using them is kind of a given, sadly. If you live in
the US, shipping will be less than to Simon, since I live in the US too.

As usual, of course, you can pay me by sending a US$ cheque to Larry
(though the Timmys should be sent directly to me.

Since everyone seems to hate their Timmys this much, I expect
to make quite a killing here.

What exactly did you mean here? Timmy Killing?

You weren't paying attention.  Timmy is singularly useful and fits a wide
variety of rolls.

Freudian slip alert.

Freud presumes you don't realize what you said.  You really meant, "Pun alert."

My Lego sharks have pooled their resources and offer to take
Timmy off of anyone's hands for free (well, you have to pay shipping).  They
absolutely promise he will go to a good meal...uh....home!

Freudian slip part deux: What Bruce meant there by rolls was: Spring
roll, Dinner roll, jelly roll, etc.

See?  :-)

Isn't it worth 25 cents a piece to you not to have sharks eating Timmy?
Send them to me, yes it's more, but I promise no mutilation (unless
that's what you WANT, then take your custom elsewhere, bucko...).

Oh, hey, I just thought of a new one while contemplating Timmy in the anthill.
That magnifying glass in the Adventurers line WORKS, doesn't it?  Bwahahahaha!