 General / 8148
  Re: What would you think of a crusader torso being available?

(...) This seems like a John Neal sort of question. He silk screens T shirts for a living. Not the same, exactly but he presumably would know what it should cost, the technology is similar. (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What would you think of a crusader torso being available?

(...) Hrmmm.... maybe it's the miniaturization that makes it so expensive. Silk screening t-shirts is one thing, but silk screening a shirt not even an inch square may be something entirely different... Maybe it's so expensive for the same reason (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What would you think of a crusader torso being available?

Basically the problem is it is plastic and they have to make a mold to hold the torso's then they have to transfer the image you want on the plastic using a special type of paint or ink that will stay on the plastic, much like MotherBoards. Its not (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What would you think of a crusader torso being available?

(...) Wow. Well, I wish you well in this. I can't really bring myself to spend that much for them, but I bet some could. Now stickers, I think I could go for those. Wonder what it would take to have custom sticker sheets produced? Having to cut (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What would you think of a crusader torso being available?

(...) The job is completely custom, so it would be a hassle, but depending upon how many colors were printed I think even $4 is high for a single color. Less than $2. (...) Better yet-- decals. One can buy blank sheets from Micro-Scale and print (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What would you think of a crusader torso being available?

(...) Is Micro-Scale a retailer? (I'll look it up, no free goods and all) Do you know they make things that would work on minifig torsos? (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What would you think of a crusader torso being available?

(...) (URL) for anyone who hasn't tried it already. Can't find decals, though... (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What would you think of a crusader torso being available?

(...) I apologize for not providing the URL-- have been rather busy lately:-( Actually, it's: (URL) And specifically to our discussion, go to: (...) -John (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What would you think of a crusader torso being available?

(...) Weird. Must have been a momentary net glitch or something, because I tried microscale first. Oh well. :) (...) Yeah... you'd still have to cut it to size, though. Pre-cut sheets would be so much nicer, although probably horribly expensive. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)