 General / 8090
Re: Inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:43:02 GMT

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 02:00:21AM +0000, Mike Poindexter wrote:
If you or some others want to, let me know and I will get one started up.
With enough people, we could have a lot of data pretty quickly.  For a final
version, we could set up a runtime access copy so that people without MS
Access can still use it.

How about using something the rest of the world can use?  perl and the dbi
interface is fairly portable, works in NT, Mac, Unix, etc.

Nothing can stop you using Access, but Access isn't something your non-NT
hobbiest will have.

I prefer using opensource tools, but barring that, at least easy to obtain
tools.  It is one of the things that makes me sad about a lot of the
programs for Lego.  Only leo cad runs under anything WinTel, and the
source isn't available (yet).

Ciao!

--
"If every one drove motorcycles, only safe drivers would be on the roads. All the unsafe ones would have long ago been washed off."
-- Christian Holtje

The Doctor What: Not that 'who' guy              http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC