 General / 8007
8006  |  8008
Subject:
History of LEGO series........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:37:14 GMT

Several folks have offered me website space for my "History of LEGO
(piece name) Part 1 ..etc." series.  Thanks for the offers folks!

I am still mulling over what I want to do with it.  I am even
considering the possibility of a book (I know ... how pretentious) on
the History of LEGO 1955-72, with possibly a section on old catalogs,
one on old LEGO ads, and another on the sets from that era.  The
logistics (and time involved) make this option unlikely, so a website
might be the way to go.  I'd sure like to talk to Henry Wiencik (author
of THE WORLD OF LEGO TOYS) and ask him about what he went thru.  (I did
talk to him back in 1986 when he interviewed me for his book.)    One
thing I can guarantee though, no pricelist will be a part of any website
or book.

Anyway, I've got about 150 scans of old sets, catalogs, brochures, etc,
so whatever project I undertake, it has already started.

Gary  Istok