 General / 7948
  S@H Prices

I recently received the latest Shop at Home catalog, and I was astounded by the prices being charged for the town sets. I don't have the catalog in front of me right now (I'm at work), so I can't quote anything verbatim, but I seem to remember sets (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Prices

Just a nit, I agree with the theme of the post, but what you're basically complaining about is the retail prices. S@H prices are (except for specials) basically just a pretty fixed markup (rounded to the nearest quarter(1)) of the suggested (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Prices

My impression is that the S@H prices were higher than normal retail by almost 10%. My conclusion is based on anecdotal evidence, not a thorough market study. Christopher (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Prices

(...) Yes, that's almost always true. But then, they don't charge you for shipping. So the 10% is basically a shipping & handling fee. (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Prices

Not to mention no sales tax. Not such a small amount for me in Kalifornia, I pay 8.25% locally, so S@H is almost dead even with local stores, since they rarely have sales. That, and I can't get the McD's set at Walmart ;-) I've ordered over 20 (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Prices

(...) 8.75 % here (next door to Orleans Parish), 9% in Orleans Parish (New Orleans). The 4559's were actually more exspensive at the local TRU than they were through S@H. Christopher (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Prices

(...) wow. i think this is the first time i've seen the "Kalifornia" spelling outside of a firearms/2nd ammendment newsgroup. either the VFAQman is another gun nut like me, or the state really IS that bad. the firearms newsgroup references are (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)