 General / 7948
7947  |  7949
Subject:
S@H Prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:48:21 GMT

I recently received the latest Shop at Home catalog, and I was astounded by the
prices being charged for the town sets.  I don't have the catalog in front of
me
right now (I'm at work), so I can't quote anything verbatim, but I seem to
remember sets of 250 - 350 pieces in the $50 - $70 price range (I realize that
this is postage included).  However, all things considered, the new town sets
seem very high-priced.  Are they that popular with kids that Lego can get away
with charging such high prices?  Some of the designs would be pretty good, if
they had been designed with more basic bricks.  Does anyone have any insights
on
how Lego prices these S@H sets?  Am I just overlooking the fact that so many
large single-purpose baseplates and special pieces (I call them mega-pieces) in
a set increases the bulk of the box that it becomes so costly to ship?

James Simpson