 General / 7934
  Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?

(...) I haven't seen anything, anywhere, at any price, that can be described as a _good 22"_ flat panel display. Seems like anything bigger than 18" is low-res, and is sold for use in large-meeting presentations. Do 22" monsters actually exist? (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?

NEC has a 21" Screen I believe that is like $5000 and is awesome. Saw one at a presentation from NEC showing their wares and they had Quake II running on it. Good test of a screen in my book. Thought my wife would shoot me if I spent $5000 on a flat (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?

Apple just announced one at Seybold. $4K (ouch). Supposed to ship end of Oct. Most people who saw it at the show were pretty impressed. The connection is digital not analog. For the present, Apple will require purchase of a G4 CPU to get one (as a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?

(...) I hear the new G4's stink. Literally. (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?

(...) Not me. Text is how to judge a good monitor. I have a 20 in Apple Trinitron display sitting on the shelf behind me. Games look AWESOME on it, but trying to read text on it gives me a headache. The previous owner must have left it on 24 hours a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message news:slrn7uflqr.2cf....utk.edu... (...) components stink - espcially large SCSI cables. smell like burnt tires for about a day or two and then they're fine. Don't know what it is in the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)