 General / 7219
Re: New models of Semi Trucks etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 22:07:44 GMT

What about 3, 5, and 7 wide?  I'd like to see how others solve the
problem of odd-width cars.  (Actually, I've only used 5 wide for the bed
of a pick-up truck, and 7 wide for my AT-ST, but I think other vehicles
would be interesting (3 wide golf cart?))

This would involve using regular tiles and the 1x2 tiles with a single stud
to serve as a "bed" to place an offset 3,5,or 7 wide body upon.  This would
work pretty easy for 3-wide, but the others would require another layer of
plates to hold the layer directly on the tiles together.  There would be no
way to use the standard fenders (short of cutting them) so you'd have to
build these as you go.

One of these days I'm going to build an ambulance or rescue engine with a
4-wide cab and 5-wide equipment bed, so I've given this subject some
thought.

Later,
Will