 General / 70
  Re: Speed?

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) The easiest way for this to occur wouldn't require any work on Todd's part at all. Someone in Europe could install a caching NNTP server (such as nntpcache or dnews) and set up lugnet as a parent server. The (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Speed?

Oook - it seems to be fairly nippy again now - it's probably best to let it settle for a little while before making judgements *blush*. At best it's just a teensy tad slower than my internal news server, and at worst.. well - I should be working (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Speed?

(...) Right, but as it is Todd has some little bit of control -- and can log -- who posts and reads. And since this _is_ his project, I assume he wants to keep that. (Certainly helps with the spam problem.) Otherwise, why not export lugnet.* to all (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Speed?

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) client (...) Some people (at least myself) are reading the news through a proxy/caching server though, so his logs aren't going to be 100% correct. He knows this in my case, since I was one of the people who (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)