 General / 6909
Re: An aside on the "Plagiarism" thread...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 14:44:09 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:
There has to be a line somewhere between a novel way of putting two pieces
together, and an inspired design no one else may come up with on their own,
right?  A few cases of the latter from within our gang come to mind -- Karim
Nassar's hand using minifig legs, Tom McDonald's guitars using the grille
tile, etc.  Other modellers should be careful using these kinds of
arrangements without plagiarizing them, IMO.

So if I want to have a bard holding a lute or other stringed
instrument I should find another way of doing it instead of going with
the awesome method Tom created?

Or are you saying if I do use Tom's method I should note it?  I can
see the sense in that, and I can also see it getting quickly out of
hand, or causing someone who thinks I copied their method of doing
something getting pretty ticked if they see Tom getting credit for his
without them getting credit for their idea.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/   (still in Beta)