 General / 6437
  Some questions.

I'm returning to Lego after a bit of a break (yes, it was the Star Wars sets that got me back into it) and I have a few questions that perhaps someone would be kind enough to answer. [1] What on earth does FOTW mean? [2] And GURP ... what's that? (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Some questions.

(...) Find of the Week. For really cool or cheap or large lego purchases from stores, garage sales, second-hand stores. Basically from anywhere. (...) Generic Universal Role Playing [System]. It's an RPG from Steve Jackson Games (, Inc., I think). (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Some questions.

Fraser, Welcome home! :) Lets see: FOTW- Find of the week, like, hey, I found the Metro liner on a back shelf for 50.00! GURP - I don't know, maybe BURP - Big Ugly Rock Piece - located in many sets - some people love them - some people hate them! (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Some questions.

<big snip> Thanks Steve and Scott -- it's one of the great functions of the internet to allow communities to form like this. This and getting cheap holidays and ordering groceries. I did indeed mean BURP and the explanation of the acronym really (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)