 General / 6440
Re: Some questions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:50:41 GMT

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:31:53 GMT, "Fraser" <fraser@<nospam>lovatt.com>
wrote:

I'm returning to Lego after a bit of a break (yes, it was the Star Wars sets
that got me back into it) and I have a few questions that perhaps someone
would be kind enough to answer.

[1] What on earth does FOTW mean?

Find of the Week.  For really cool or cheap or large lego purchases from
stores, garage sales, second-hand stores.  Basically from anywhere.

[2] And GURP ... what's that?

Generic Universal Role Playing [System].  It's an RPG from Steve Jackson
Games (, Inc., I think).

But I think you meant BURP -- Big Ugly Rock Piece.

[3] Where do I get the browser add-in that allows me to view DAT files in
line?  I've got LDRAW and LDLITE ... but I click on the link and it just asks
me if I want to download a bit of CGI.

LDLite should create the settings needed.  If you're using Internet
Explorer, be sure the DAT and MPD extensions are set up with the correct
MIME information (and I don't remember the correct settings right now, but
it's somewhere in lugnet.cad.*).

[4] Is it me or doesn't eveyone else think that the Droid Fighter is rubbish?

No, I think the Droid Fighter is great!  I just wish they'd had a bigger
part in the movie, and the articulation on the LEGO set was better.  I
changed the neck on mine, so I didn't have to keep pulling its head off.  I
haven't fixed the legs yet.

Steve