 General / 6309
  Re: An aside on the "Plagiarism" thread...

(...) When you've essentially copied every important feature. (...) This is fine, to be encouraged, and why we all hang out together (when we're not brawling). (...) No, but one can always hope. (25 years ago, 7-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: An aside on the "Plagiarism" thread...

(...) The models weren't like or similar to another model, they were exactly the same model. Greg " Is it true that BURPman gave Timmy rabies?" Majewski citrusx__@yahoo.com (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: An aside on the "Plagiarism" thread...

(...) Webster's is less than helpful on this word, so I went to www.dictionary.com: plagiarism n 1: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work 2: the act of plagiarizing; taking someone's words (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: An aside on the "Plagiarism" thread...

(...) I was thinking it'd be more like BURPies simplex. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: An aside on the "Plagiarism" thread...

(...) So if I want to have a bard holding a lute or other stringed instrument I should find another way of doing it instead of going with the awesome method Tom created? Or are you saying if I do use Tom's method I should note it? I can see the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: An aside on the "Plagiarism" thread...

(...) The latter. If you use his method, you *should* note it. However, we're our own enforcement here, so if you don't want to give credit, you don't *have* to. It'd just be more polite to Tom; and once the audience checks out what else Tom made, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)