 General / 6087
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:35:34 GMT

here is how TLG could do bulk ordering:
offer the piece price book for say $50 or whatever to interested buyers. small
run of these does not cost much i would not think. the book would have a picture
of the part, the TLG part number (so there is no confusion) and the cost of the
part.
it would also have the colors that the part is currently available in so that
people do not try to order clear blue starwars engine pieces or something stupid
like that.
even better than a book would be a web site with the info but i think given TLG's
lax attitude to the internet in the part that would be unlikely.
you fill in an order form and send it off to TLG with the part nuumbers and
prices etc
the way to avoid problems at TLG's end is to have a minumum order of say $500 or
$1000 (i am thinking in austrailian $ here)
if TLG told you you could buy pieces in bulk but you had to order at least $1000
you would be able to find enough people who wanted bulk parts to order $1000
worth, right?
they would ideally make available every part from the current range ($1000 worth
or  battle droids anyone?)
the book would be updated every year with the new years changes to production etc

it would wipe out the practice of buying a whole set to get a single part.

interesting question: if TLG said you could have as much of any one part with any
one pattern in any one color as you wanted which one would you choose? (assume
you had to pay for it of course) you can pick colors that the part does not come
in currently
i would choose the large 6x6x6 6090 royal knights castle wall corners in light
grey so that warwick castle could be ldrawn in full. (oops forgot that i would
also need 2 regular castle wall corners in yellow with the lines pattern on them)