 General / 6079
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 10:45:22 GMT

Don't worry John,

NZ wasn't the only country that offered sale of bulk bricks until recently. The
service was always available in Australia. I made use of it occasionally but my
problem was that the parts I wanted bulk amounts of, Lego Denmark didn't make
anymore, eg. classic windows and doors and train windows and doors in specific
colours.

Most lego maniacs in Australia aren't on the internet or just lurk. We have never
needed a network to obtain parts, we just rang lego and ordered them, whether it be
one part or 100,000 of a part. As this service that we have taken for granted has
dried up, there will likely be a lot of delurking soon.

There has even been rumours that Lego's presence in the region may be shrunk back to
be based in Singapore for the whole Asia/Pacific area.

Mark H.

John Neal wrote:

I hope I made it clear that my sour grapes are not directed at Sanjay, but rather
to the policies of TLG.  (except for the auc comment;-)  I envy his opportunity,
and bemoan the fact that TLG doesn't provide it to all.

-John