 General / 6033
Re: Tightening Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:51:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
First, Yes - the pneumatic pumps will pump water with no problems

Is there any worry about exhausting the lubricant (or is there no
lubricant)? I suppose WD-40 would rejuvenate it if it did get exhausted.

Hi Frank,
   You might consider using a hydrolic(sp) grease found at most any pool supply
store. We used that on the pool pump mechanism. It will stay better under
water. Vasaline is a petrolium byproduct and has the potential to damage the
lego  ABS plastic.I have no idea what effect the hydro grease would have on the
plastic. Fortunatly , you can order new pumps from S@H if(when) yours quit
working : )
  Let us know the results!
     John