 General / 5844
  Sears Tower Model @ O'Hare Internationation Airport

A while back I mentioned that there is a model of the Sears Tower at O'Hare International Airport. I took a couple of pictures of it the last time I was through Chicago and finally have them posted on the web: (URL) plaque on the base of the model (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sears Tower Model @ O'Hare Internationation Airport

Mike, The link is not working for me. Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sears Tower Model @ O'Hare Internationation Airport

In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes: Scott, The link isn't working because the line rapped. It worked for me when I cut and pasted the URL including the "htm" on the second line. I have reposted the URL below with the http:// on a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sears Tower Model @ O'Hare Internationation Airport

Thanks, Eric! Scott P.S. I think it could be 10,000. I usually over count bricks in most models anyway. Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

The posting seems to have a line break in it. Make sure the ".htm" extension is appended. (URL) - mike_walsh@mindspring.com Scott Edward Sanburn wrote in message <379EEBC7.449044ED@a...ng.com>... (...) O'Hare (...) (URL) htm (...) windows (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

Eric Kingsley wrote in message ... (...) I have to agree with you but that is what the sign says. My initial reaction was "no way that thing is only 10K bricks, maybe 50K bricks, but not 10K. Just looking at one side of the middle section there are (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sears Tower Model @ O'Hare Internationation Airport

Was there any mentioned of who made this and how long it took? Where did they get all those clear bricks? Thanks, Dan (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

The sign stated that it was built by LEGO Master Builders. I am sure they got all of the clear bricks the same way the Master Builders get all of their unusual pieces. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)