 General / 5739
Re: Next destination for Adventurers? Follow Indiana Jones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:50:11 GMT

Gintaras Rumsas wrote:

Hi all

I was thinkering about what next destination for Adventurers can be. We already
have 1998 Desert theme (Egypt) and 1999 Jungle theme (Maya/Inkas/Amazon). What's
common between them? Temples, ruins, natives (OK, if mummies can be treated as
Egypt natives ;-) ).

It was some thread on the Lugnet about Polar theme for Adventurers. It can be
very nice sets (all in white) in this theme but I do not think that it is very
possible from TLG point of view: no nice temples, no interesting ruins, no
impressive natives. Of course, may be I am wrong ;-)

My personal opinion is that next destination will be Central or South-East Asia:
something close to 1) India/Tybet; 2)China and 3)Cambodia/Thailand/Laos/Vietnam.
Here we have a lot of ruins and temples. Some interesting natives can be found
here too.

Let's see:
Raiders of the lost ark starts in Latin America ("amazone theme") and ends up in
Egypt ("desert")
The last crusade starts in the central US ("western") and ends up in Jordan
("desert", well sort of)
Temple of doom starts in China and ends in India
So I have to go with your opinion ;-)

Cheers,

Martyn