 General / 5636
Re: A week of Lego fun.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:08:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Arjan Brugman writes:

Snip for brevity..

Why don't you guys just keep one room all to yourselves?

Wait until you get married and just try getting a room for yourself!!  :^)

Just kidding.  I actually do have a room to myself (Kind of).  We own a 3 story
Victorian house and I have the small room on the 3rd floor which has the
chimney going up the middle of it and clothes rods around the walls because we
lack good closet space.  It's pretty hard to work there this time of year
because without any real attic and being on the 3rd floor it gets real hot and
I don't think I could convince her that we need an air conditioner for what she
considers a closet.  So in the summer the Lego and I end up spreading out to
cooler locations.

All that being said she is very good about my hobby even if I occasionally get
that (what are you playing with those toys for) vibe.  Even that has started to
diminish some as she has seen some of the cool stuff that can be made out of
Lego that don't necessarily look like toys but more like a sophisticated model
that she can recognize without being told what it is.

Eric

Although my girlfriend (not married yet) isn't anti-lego (she keeps asking
me for a small set of pink BASIC bricks, which doesn't exist :) I'm
planning to reserve one
room in our future home all for myself. That way she won't be bothered with
my
addiction.
--
Arjan Brugman