 General / 5622
Re: Strange blue thing.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:44:56 GMT

Robert Phillips wrote:

Thanks for all the help! I'd recognize that ugly granny head anywhere. I have
the set 261 "Bathroom" from 1979. Geez, that's as old as I am.... The mousepad
idea seems like a much cooler thing to do with it. As of now, the cow-spotted,
non-lego, gateway mousepad is gone. Say hello to my new "Bathroom Floor"
mousepad. Hmm, works quite well. My fav mini-fig can even stand on the nubs and
watch.

I like these blue baseplates - if your's is a 24x32, chances are it's from the
Kitchen or Living Room set.  If it is 24x24, it is from the Bedroom or Bathroom
set.  I have about 2 dozen of these that I am planning on using as a river thru my
town.  They do make an excellent river or lake because of the textured blue center
of the plate.  These were also made in red in the Child's Bedroom (24x24) and
Family Room (24x32) sets.

I recently purchased a Child's Bedroom set, which contained 89 tile pieces,
including a lot of the rare 1x1 tiles.  These Homemaker sets have a rich assortment
of tiles.

Gary Istok