 General / 56147 (-20)
  Winning a Job at LEGO

Winning a Job at LEGO Aspiring Designers Build Sets Under Pressure By Jens Hansegard Nov. 13, 2013 BILLUND, Denmark. James Colmer, 46 years old, had a reason for spending two days building Legos in Denmark, leaving behind his kids in Australia. He (...) (11 years ago, 14-Nov-13, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Re: It's been ruminating...

(...) I just blame (URL) Canada> in general. I mean, they're not even a real country, anyway, Dave! JOHN (11 years ago, 13-Nov-13, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: It's been ruminating...

(...) I blame the decline, as I blame everything else, on a preponderance of Canadians. Dave! (11 years ago, 13-Nov-13, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's been ruminating...

(...) True, but by then Lugnet wasn't "cutting edge technology" anymore. Forums were popping up everywhere due to the availability of standardized toolkits to create and run them. I've always wondered how much of a role that played in the (...) (11 years ago, 13-Nov-13, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's been ruminating...

(...) There are a lot of things that need(ed) to happen for LUGNET to thrive. My feeling is the core issue boils down to this: once the owners/admins moved on to other interests, activity waned down to the nothingness we see today. Steve (11 years ago, 12-Nov-13, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's been ruminating...

(...) Nail, meet hammer. With precision. The only thing stopping LUGNET from being "the" place is the failure to move to BBCode-style forum. If LUGNET had jumped aboard that bandwagon way back when, we would not be having this discussion. As it is, (...) (11 years ago, 12-Nov-13, to lugnet.general)

  LEGOLAND Considers Building Theme Park in Stafford County

LEGOLAND Considers Building Theme Park in Stafford County October 22nd, 2013 By Katie Thisdell LEGOLAND is considering building a new family-friendly theme park in Stafford County that would be only the third of its kind in the nation. Government (...) (11 years ago, 5-Nov-13, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

  LEGOLAND® Dubai to open in 2016

LEGOLAND Dubai to open in 2016 LEGOLAND Dubai is set to open in 2016, according to Merlin Entertainments, as reported by Emirates 24I7. As per officials, the LEGOLAND Dubai will be opened under a deal in which it would be funded by third parties, (...) (11 years ago, 5-Nov-13, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

  Re: It's been ruminating...

(...) Holy crap, I should have typed "your" instead of "you're". Need more coffee... (11 years ago, 4-Nov-13, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: It's been ruminating...

(...) ... I think you're rant is a bit off base. The problem with Lugnet isn't that the attitudes or posting style of its user changed. The problem with Lugnet is that Lugnet never changed. When Lugnet first came out, it was one of the best Web (...) (11 years ago, 4-Nov-13, to lugnet.general)

  It's been ruminating...

See, here's my problem, and I really haven't pinned it down concretely--it's kinda nebulous... However, the reason why I loved--i mean LOVED--LUGNET, (in the day) was that it was (mostly) all-encompassing of the hobby. LUGNET was the 1-stop shopping (...) (11 years ago, 2-Nov-13, to lugnet.general) !

  LEGOLAND® Operator Merlin Entertainments Plans IPO in London

LEGOLAND Operator Merlin Entertainments Plans IPO in London By Clementine Fletcher & Ruth David Oct. 21, 2013. Merlin Entertainments Group Ltd., the private-equity backed owner of Madame Tussauds and the London Eye, plans to raise 200 million pounds (...) (11 years ago, 24-Oct-13, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

  The most valuable LEGO part.

Except for LEGO items that are made of gold or platinum, and have a high intrinsic value, the most valuable LEGO part ever produced is likely the very rare and highly collectible Opel Kapitän LEGO HO scale car of 1957. This car was a prototype that (...) (11 years ago, 16-Oct-13, to lugnet.general)

  Beautiful Alphabet LEGO bricks...

2 years ago my German Friend Lothar found some beatiful blue Norwegian alphabet bricks with gold printing from a 1957 #1234 Norwegian Alphabet Bricks Parts Pack. In all other countries these bricks were only sold in white with blue lettering. (URL) (...) (11 years ago, 12-Oct-13, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The Most Insane LEGO Machine: GBC (video)

Wow! Amazing work, hard to believe it was done by one person. (...) (11 years ago, 10-Oct-13, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  For LEGO, Rising Wealth Means More Play - and Business

For LEGO, rising wealth means more play - and business By Eveline Danubrata and Laura Philomin SINGAPORE. Thursday Oct 3, 2013 (Reuters) - The boss of LEGO Group carries two business cards - one the usual kind and the other a LEGO mini-figure in his (...) (11 years ago, 6-Oct-13, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  LEGO® set 10243 Parisian Restaurant

LEGO® set 10243 Parisian Restaurant Ages 16+. 2,469 pieces. Have an unforgettable evening at the amazing Parisian Restaurant! US $159.99 CA $189.99 DE 149.99 € UK 132.99 £ DK 1299.00 DKK It’s very busy in the Parisian Restaurant. As a scooter zips (...) (11 years ago, 5-Oct-13, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® set 10241 Maersk Line Triple-E

Unfortunately it appears that Medium Azure (as the color is called in the Bricklink Database) is a new color that will likely replace Maersk blue. While this color does more closely resemble the actual recent color of the new Maersk line of ships... (...) (11 years ago, 3-Oct-13, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  LEGO® set 10241 Maersk Line Triple-E

LEGO® set 10241 Maersk Line Triple-E The set was officially unveiled at LEGO Fan Weekend in Skærbæk. Ages 12+. 1,518 pieces. Build the Maersk ‘Triple-E’ container vessel – a true giant of the seas! US $149.99 CA $179.99 DE 129.99 € UK 109.99 £ DK (...) (11 years ago, 3-Oct-13, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.fun, lugnet.licensed, FTX)

  LEGO Launches Wrist Watch Collection For Adults

LEGO Launches Wrist Watch Collection For Adults Written by Ariel Adams for ABlogtoWatch.com on October 2, 2013. We are proud to be the first to announce a new collection of LEGO brand watches for adults. That's right, LEGO, which has had a large (...) (11 years ago, 2-Oct-13, to lugnet.licensed, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact