 General / 56143
Re: It's been ruminating...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:52:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Ted Godwin wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jeffrey Findley wrote:
...The problem with Lugnet isn't that the
attitudes or posting style of its user changed.  The problem with Lugnet is that
Lugnet never changed.

Nail, meet hammer. With precision.

The only thing stopping LUGNET from being "the" place is the failure to move to
BBCode-style forum. If LUGNET had jumped aboard that bandwagon way back when, we
would not be having this discussion. As it is, EuroBricks has become the de
facto replacement despite its shortcomings.

There are a lot of things that need(ed) to happen for LUGNET to thrive. My
feeling is the core issue boils down to this: once the owners/admins moved on to
other interests, activity waned down to the nothingness we see today.

Steve