 General / 54992 (-10)
  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) Huh-- it looks like the yellow ones existed, but didn't appear in any "set" sets until 1982. Between 1978 and 1981, they only appeared in yellow in minifig packs: (URL) in 1982, they showed up in "bona fide" sets: (URL) LUGNET guide apparently (...) (16 years ago, 1-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) If memory serves, the yellow Classic Space minifig debuted in 1983, rather than 1978. I will happily recant if I'm wrong, though. Dave! (16 years ago, 1-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) Yeah, it's obvious they put time into it-- all those pictures were seemingly done themselves, not some sort of stock photos or anything. And they obviously spent some time at least trying to do some research. I guess my natural assumption (...) (16 years ago, 31-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) Before looking at it, I thought it would be a typical "newspaper-type" article (i.e. poorly written, incomplete research, etc.). But after taking a quick peek at Gizmodo, it looks like they put a decent amount of effort into it (working with (...) (16 years ago, 31-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) I dunno-- I'm amazed they say "almost every minifig ever produced", and proceed to miss vast gaping swaths of minifigures like Ice Planet, Classic Castle, BlackTron, ResQ, Rock Raiders, and others seemingly too numerous to enumerate. BrickLink (...) (16 years ago, 31-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego minifig timeline

A really nice Lego minifig timeline has appeared on (URL) Gizmodo>, with pictures of the figs introduced each year from 1978 to today. Enjoy Roy (16 years ago, 31-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Announcement About Historic LEGO

(...) A great piece of detective work, Gary! Thanks for sharing. Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 30-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Announcement About Historic LEGO

I always wondered why I had never seen a box for the #258, #259, #260 or #275 LEGO 1:87 VW vehicles. I know of a dozen collectors who collectively have hundreds of boxed rare 1:87 cars and trucks, but none have any of these 4 vehicle numbers BOXED. (...) (16 years ago, 30-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone

(...) Some thoughts on handing this issue: Since build a minifig is probably a common way to mix stuff, just create a new "part" "minifig parts". Other mixes may be more of a pain. The "too small to be worth a bin" quantities might just be best (...) (16 years ago, 27-Oct-08, to lugnet.general)

  Booty Bay (Yes from World of Warcraft) <that one!

My husband and I spent a year planning then a month building booty bay =) Now, this isn't exactly a to-scale model of Booty Bay, but rather a Lego adaptation of Booty Bay. The primary problem we had to solve was that the layout of Booty Bay is sort (...) (16 years ago, 25-Oct-08, to lugnet.general) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact