 General / 54987
  Lego minifig timeline

A really nice Lego minifig timeline has appeared on (URL) Gizmodo>, with pictures of the figs introduced each year from 1978 to today. Enjoy Roy (16 years ago, 31-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) I dunno-- I'm amazed they say "almost every minifig ever produced", and proceed to miss vast gaping swaths of minifigures like Ice Planet, Classic Castle, BlackTron, ResQ, Rock Raiders, and others seemingly too numerous to enumerate. BrickLink (...) (16 years ago, 31-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) Before looking at it, I thought it would be a typical "newspaper-type" article (i.e. poorly written, incomplete research, etc.). But after taking a quick peek at Gizmodo, it looks like they put a decent amount of effort into it (working with (...) (16 years ago, 31-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) Yeah, it's obvious they put time into it-- all those pictures were seemingly done themselves, not some sort of stock photos or anything. And they obviously spent some time at least trying to do some research. I guess my natural assumption (...) (16 years ago, 31-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) If memory serves, the yellow Classic Space minifig debuted in 1983, rather than 1978. I will happily recant if I'm wrong, though. Dave! (16 years ago, 1-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) Huh-- it looks like the yellow ones existed, but didn't appear in any "set" sets until 1982. Between 1978 and 1981, they only appeared in yellow in minifig packs: (URL) in 1982, they showed up in "bona fide" sets: (URL) LUGNET guide apparently (...) (16 years ago, 1-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote: snip (...) Far be it for me to disagree with the much smarter Dave!... However, yellow space dude debuted in '82 in the 6880 Surface Explorer and the 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport I received the first one for (...) (16 years ago, 1-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) This is exactly why America secretly hates Canada! The nerve, correcting me like that! Hmf! But now that I think of it, you're correct. I first got a glimpse of the yellow minifigs in a catalog that came with a set my friend Ted received for (...) (16 years ago, 1-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego minifig timeline

(...) Hey, that reminds me: what year did the Nesquick Bunny debut? I'm thinking Summer 2001, but I could be wrong. Anyway, do you suppose that promo minifigs should count in this timeline, or only mainstream "canonical" minifigs? Dave! (16 years ago, 1-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)