 General / 5482
Re: Faces of LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:42:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Eric Kingsley" <star_wars_lego@yahoo.jawaspam.com> writes:

I think this would be a great Idea.  I would guess that it would just
be Names and Pictures so we would know who we were talking to.

Personally, I would find such a page funny.  I recently checked out a
page with pictures from a LEGOfest and was amused to see what people
looked like.  But I would hardly say that such a page is needed.  If
anybody bothers to maintain such a site, sure, go ahead.

I would guess that you would have to be careful though because there
are wacko's out there and if you put up a picture of someone under
age and then people went back to lugnet you would see their E-mail
and then you have the potential for a bad situation.  I hate to say
it but there are bad people in this world.

You are probably right about this, regretably.  Although LUGNET does not
aim to be a place for AFOL's only (as far as I know), it appears that
mostly adults use the resources.  I recently thought about why this was
so, and thought that children probably don't need the network: They
already know many other kids who are into LEGO.  I, on the other side,
have no friends who play with LEGO, so I need to turn to the internet to
find some...

If anybody wonders what I look like, BTW, take a look at the first image at

   http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/creeping-crane/

I'll find a better image for a "Faces of LUGNET" page, though.

Oh, and why is it that RTL has turned into a place to buy and sell
things only, or so it seems?  Now, it looks more like the other
"rec.toys.*" groups in that way.

Fredrik

How about a place where people submit minifigs that look like them? I have made
a minifig of myself, take a look here to see what I mean:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/me.jpg
This could avoid any "bad stuff," and nobody would ever know if you were an
AFOL or not.
Greg
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/