 General / 54761
    Re: LUGNET in its Senior Years? (was Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's) —Adrian Egli
   (...) Jerry, I am glad you have come out and posted this. Doing so tells all of us who have been here since this place started that you don't want LUGNET to die either. Adr. (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: LUGNET in its Senior Years? (was Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's) Gereon Stein
   (...) We certainly don't. That's why René and I joined forces to continue to run LUGNET in the first place. Speaking purely for myself, I have found LUGNET a highly valuable resource ever since my personal darkage ended in 1999. There are lots of (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: LUGNET in its Senior Years? (was Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's) —Jim DeVona
   (...) The web/email authentication system strikes me as an unnecessary obstacle to casual discussion. Before I obtained a Lugnet membership last year (inspired by the Great Brickshelf Crisis of '07), I often had difficulty posting messages. (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: LUGNET in its Senior Years? (was Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's) Gereon Stein
   (...) Hi Jim, as a matter of fact, LUGNET members do not need to authenticate posts if they sign into the web interface and post from there (as I am doing right now). Only the news (NNTP) and mail interfaces require authentication even for (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: LUGNET in its Senior Years? (was Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's) —Jim DeVona
     (...) I know; I am a member. As I said, the difficulties I experienced occurred before I became a member. (...) I do not advocate posting privileges for anonymous visitors either. (...) Indeed. Elsewhere, this is done with a one-time email (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: LUGNET in its Senior Years? (was Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's) —Orion Pobursky
   In lugnet.general, Gereon Stein wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> This statement alone is a big part of the reason I like LUGNET over the alternative sites (that and the threaded format vice bulletin board flat posting format). I feel it adds an edge of (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LUGNET in its Senior Years? (was Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's) —Timothy Gould
   (...) I see your point here although I think that (continuing your example) I'm probably more broadly known as "gambort" now than I am as "Tim Gould" so the 'edge of responsibility' is attached to both names. Furthermore, a web search on my alias (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.general)